Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Favorite Fonts: Part 1

Comic Sans, Kristen ITC, and Lucida Handwriting are enough to put me RIGHT OVER THE EDGE. I have had a {slight} obsession with fonts since I started student teaching many moons ago. I love how something so simple can instantly be made cute & fun to look at, just by changing the font.

During student teaching, I actually had to help multiple teachers download fonts onto their computers because they loved how everything looked with the different fonts I used! To this day, I am still constantly helping people at school upload different fonts to their computer. I guess it just seems so simple and easy to me, but I forget not everyone knows about the many ways you can access FREE fonts!

The two places I collect fonts from most often are Da Font and Teachers Pay Teachers. I have never paid for a font & have HUNDREDS on my computer. There are so many to choose from! My personal computer is a Mac so there are slightly different instructions on how to install fonts {I personally find it easier than PC}, but I have also downloaded a ton of fonts onto my PC work laptop, as well. Da Font provides instructions on their FAQ page on how to download and install fonts.

Since I have SO many fonts on my computer, it can sometimes be extremely time-consuming for me to create ANYTHING because I have so many fonts to test out and look at. Because of this, I created a 'font cheat sheet' for myself with some basic "everyday" fonts that I use the most. My favorite "categories" or "creators" of fonts are the 'Hello collection' found on TPT, any fonts by Kimberly Geswein on Da Font, and CK fonts, along with many more.

Below is my "Font Cheat Sheet" for my most basic fonts that I use on forms, worksheets, notes home, newsletters, projects, etc. I generally use some of my 'funkier fonts' for headings, bulletin boards, etc. I will try to link up as many of the fonts as I can at the bottom of this post, but feel free to just Google the name of the font if you do not see a link below. Stay tuned for more of my "Favorite Fonts" in future posts! :)
Remember, even a few font downloads can make ALL the difference in the appearance of your creations!

Font cheat sheet! 
This is smiley monster.
This is ABC Teacher.
This is Amber’s Cuteness.
This is DJ Doodlers.
This is FGS Cherry on Top.
This is FGS French Vanilla.
This is FGS Frozen Yogurt.
This is Hello Ali.
This is Hello Doodle Print.
This is Hello Dot Stick.
This is Janda Manatee Bubble.
This is KG Lego House.
This is KG Part of Me.
This is KG Primary Penmanship.
This is KG Primary Penmanship Lined.

This is KG Second Chances Sketch.
This is KG The Fighter.
This is KG What the Teacher Wants.
This is LL Elementary Dots.
This is Love Ya Like a Sister.
This is LPs Princess Print.
This is Primer Print.
This is Rowdy Writing.
This is the Basic Apple.
This is Tinker Toy.
This is LD Elementary.
This is LD Delightful.
This is CK Jot.
This is CK Handprint. 

**Mobile users may not be able to see the Font Cheat Sheet as shown above. Check out the screenshots below for a better idea of what each font looks like!



Font Resources:
Smiley Monster Font
ABC Teacher Font
Amber's Cuteness Font
DJ Doodlers Font
FGS Fonts
Hello Fonts
Janda Manatee Font
KG Fonts {My favorite!}
LL Fonts
Love Ya Like a Sister Font
Primer Print Font {One of my favs for worksheets/notes home}
Rowdy Fonts
Tinker Toy Font
CK Fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment