Monday, May 12, 2014

Make-Ahead Meal: Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Although I try very hard to meal plan each week, and hit the store every Sunday morning to stock-up on the necessities, there are just some days where the last thing you want to do is make an elaborate meal. That's where my Crockpot and easy make-ahead meals come into play.

A family favorite at our house is this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada recipe from Campbell's. I have adapted it a little bit to better suit our taste. I generally prep this meal the day prior and throw it in the fridge, ready to heat up in the oven the next day for dinner, and provides leftovers for a day later in the week!

Photo from: The Lean Green Bean, since we gobbled ours up before one could be taken. ;)

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I use 98% fat-free) 
1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
cup Pace Picante Sauce 
teaspoons chili powder 
cups chopped cooked chicken (I just boil 2 chicken breasts, then shred once cooked)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese 
flour tortillas, warmed 
small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup) (I use 1/2 a can of Wegmans Petite Diced Tomatoes)

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil 2 chicken breasts until cooked, then shred. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, picante sauce, chili powder, and diced tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cooked chicken, cheese, and 1 cup of the soup mixture created beforehand.
- Divide the mixture among the tortillas, roll-up, and place seam-side down in a large baking dish.
- Pour the remaining soup mixture over the tortillas and cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. I always add a little extra shredded cheese on top to melt the last couple of minutes.
- Enjoy! :)

I like to serve my Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas with southwest rice, corn, and some salsa.


Happy Cooking! 
- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment